[DeTomaso] Oil Leak Fixed. What Torque?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:54:34 EDT 2016

Terry -
I can't answer your specific question as to proper torque, but I can offer
some practical experience.

I remove the valve covers every year as I have solid lifters and I
check/adjust the lash once a year. I just tighten so it feels tight without
overtightening - which I realize is neither a Metric nor Standard unit of
measure - and I don't have leaks. I have blue Fel-pro valve covers, which
allow a certain amount of compression. I just tighten it down fairly snug,
by hand, without overtightening and I have never had problems.