[DeTomaso] This is the DeTomaso mailing list, a free and open forum...

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:35:13 EST 2016

Amen. Those battles are so yesterday.

Jeff
6559

-------------- next part --------------
   Amen. Those battles are so yesterday.
   Jeff
   6559

   On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Dave Londry <[1]davel at emspace.com>
   wrote:

     A  A I think that was all a giant slip-up and that Joe has
     re-considered
     A  A those words.
     A  A Let's just proceed on that basis and get on with being a our
     normal
     A  A gabby forum.
     A  A Dave
     A  A On 2016-11-21 2:17 PM, Dan Courtney wrote:
     A  A I admit I've been out of the loop for awhile, but I was
     surprised to
     A  A catch so much flak from POCA officials for posting my opinion
     on this
     A  A Forum.
     A  A I'm a fan of free and open communications.
     A  A I'm not a fan of censorship and punishment for stating an
     apparently
     A  A dissenting opinion.
     A  A That's why I live in America.
     A  A Question, does POCA now control the editorial content of the
     Forum?
     A  A Will I be restricted from making future posts if I don't
     endorse and
     A  A embrace the "company line"?
     A  A I noticed each post has the following tag "This is the DeTomaso
     mailing
     A  A list, a free and open forum for the discussion of issues
     surrounding
     A  A all DeTomaso automobiles. This
     A  A  A  A  is an unmoderated mailing list"
     A  A Is this still true?
     A  A Comrade Courtney
     A  A A > On Nov 20, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Dan Courtney
     A  A  A  A  [1]<[6][2]dan at excaliburre.com>

   A  A  A  A  AA  A wrote:
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  That's a brilliant approach for motivating past
   members
   A  A to
   A  A  A  A  re-join.
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Really makes me feel like getting involved
   again.
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Dan Courtney
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  From: Joe Stockett
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:40 PM
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  To: Dan Courtney
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] No racing again at the
   2017 POCA
   A  A  A  A  Fun Rally?
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  No membership, no vote. Your opinion is
   optional. We
   A  A don't
   A  A  A  A  get paid
   A  A  A  A  AA  A for
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  our extra work for the club. If you don't pay
   $75 and
   A  A  A  A  become a
   A  A  A  A  AA  A member,
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  your voice is silent to me sir.
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Joe
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Dan Courtney

     A  A  A  A  [2]<[7][3]dan at excaliburre.com>
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  wrote:
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Interjecting in regards to your club events?
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Are you serious?
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Dan Courtney
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  From: Joe Stockett
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:07 PM
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  To: Dan Courtney
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] No racing again at
     the 2017 POCA
     A  A  A  A  Fun Rally?
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  I am on the board of directors as Secretary.
     What is your
     A  A  A  A  purpose of
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  interjecting in regards to our club events?
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Cheers
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Joe
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >
     A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Dan
     Courtney
     A  A  A  A  [3]<[8][4]dan at excaliburre.com>

   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  wrote:
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Hi Joe, are you new to POCA?
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Dan
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  From: Joe Stockett
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:07 AM
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  To: Dan Courtney
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] No racing again at the
   2017 POCA
   A  A  A  A  Fun Rally?
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Hi Dan
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  I can't find you in the POCA membership
   database. Are you
   A  A a
   A  A  A  A  member?
   A  A  A  A  AA  A If
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  not, then what is you investment in our club?AA
   If you
   A  A are
   A  A  A  A  a member,
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  give me your details of payment and we will have
   Judy
   A  A  A  A  McCarthy
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  straighten it out.
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  Joe Stockett
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  POCA Secretary
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  A  AA  A >AA  On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Dan Courtney

     A  A  A  A  [4]<[9][5]dan at excaliburre.com>

   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  wrote:
   A  A  A  AA  A >
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Ed, Monterey is a great place for a car
   event, but
   A  A  A  thatas
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  primarily
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  because of the ability to race on a
   world class
   A  A  A  track.
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Iam really, really disappointed that
   POCA is once
   A  A  A  again
   A  A  A  AA  A ignoring
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  and
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  alienating the racers in the Club.
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Two years in a row without a track
   event? Whatas
   A  A the
   A  A  A  point in
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  having a
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Pantera track car if you canat compete
   against
   A  A other
   A  A  A  Panteras?
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Parade laps are nice for daily drivers
   but not
   A  A worth
   A  A  A  AA  A trailering a
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  race
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  car for a 1,000 mile trip.
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  I thought last year was a one time
   foul-up, but
   A  A now
   A  A  A  itas
   A  A  A  AA  A looking
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  like
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  the Club doesnat care about itas racing
   A  A contingency,
   A  A  A  or about
   A  A  A  AA  A the
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Pantera racing tradition.
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  As of this moment Iad say count me, The
   Beast and
   A  A The
   A  A  A  Winged
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  Warrior,
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  out.
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  Maybe Iall get over this by Spring, if
   anyone
   A  A cares,
   A  A  A  but I
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  strongly
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  feel that the ability to host a Pantera
   track day
   A  A  A  should be a
   A  A  A  AA  A top
   A  A  A  AA  A >AA  AA  AA  AA  priority in selecting a venue for any
   Fun Rally.

     [7][8]davel at emspace.com
     904 429 1937 (SkypeCall FLA)
     [8]Skype:embeddedspaces