[DeTomaso] Oil Temperatures

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:13:03 EDT 2016

Interesting thought I had...

For the heavy rotating equipment I use to work on, even thought their bearing babbitt melted at 400F, if the bearing metal got hotter than 275F was considered a failure from going plastic from the heat and deforming with the weight.  The bearing metal was hotter than the oil drain temperature.

I wonder how hard it would be to install crankshaft bearing metal TCs?

JFByrd