[DeTomaso] POCA business on this forum

Rod Kunishige rkunishige at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:11:31 EDT 2016

Ed Menedez,

You say that facts are clearly important to you.

So, let me quote you some snippets taken directly from MS’
May 16, 2016 email Subject: Newsletter and Profiles printing/design henceforth:

Meanwhile,
as a part of this change will also come full color printing on all pages
in both the Newsletter / Profiles, a new printer, and mailing partner.

The
existing printer will not print anything else for POCA after the June
newsletter.

Your
new printing partner is PrintingCenterUSA,

Ø      …effective
immediately we will begin to adopt layout designs/templa tes which will
dedicate 20% of the total space to advertising content display.

the Newsletter needs to be 32 total pages each month, 5 pages in total space
needs to be evenly distributed in 1/8 page, 1/4, 1/3. & 1/2 page
horitzontal ads and 1/2 page vertical ads plus a full page ad.

Ø      You
will need to coordinate with Ed with proofs so that he will have the final say
on ad placement before adthing is printed.

Ø      The vendor listings are to be
removed. They will have to buy ads to reach our memb ers.

Ø      We also need to use ONLY the
newly revised/cleaned up POCA Road Script and POCA crest.

Completely
detailed specifications are also set as fixed space allocations for both pubs
without consideration for content adjustments.

My view
is that these are clearly directives not suggestions to consider to fellow POCA Board Members.

Ed,
should you wish to challenge these facts, I’ll be most pleased to publish the
email in its entirety so everyone may view it within its full context.

NOTE: There seems to be a need to know the
qualifications of the writers who post here. So, let me explain that my career of
35 years was in Information Technology ending as VP of IT.  I also owned and operated a mailing house
directing publications in the SF Bay Area for 4 years and owned and operated a
9,000 sq ft independent Toy Store for 5 years.
Hope this helps the readers who wish to know my background. I LOVE this
club and vendors.  Its members have
helped me throughout the decades.
Rod