[DeTomaso] Monterey Historics agenda

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 17:58:06 EDT 2016

Lynn,

Found this online:

http://www.montereycarweek.com/Events.html <http://www.montereycarweek.com/Events.html>

Traditionally Friday had been Concorso, and Saturday was track day. Now with a Saturday Concorso, many of us switched to the track on Friday. Not the same race classes, which are arguably better on Saturday, but we have learned Friday at the track is MUCH less crowded and unless you are one of those that sits in the grandstands watching races all day long, moving through and being able to linger and see all that the open pits have to offer is far easier with Friday’s smaller crowds.

As for BAJA. Yup, it has lost its shine the last few years. The cantina is in a small strip mall with other businesses that were apparently growing tired of a full parking lot and no customers. Two/three years ago the mall owner started trying to restrict parking within the mall. It was so poorly organized and thought through that 2 years ago I had to leave the lot, having arrived about 2pm, and park off-site despite having dinner reservations just 90 minutes after being told to depart the lot.

Last year a lot of us just crossed it off our list. I guess others are coming to the same conclusion. Sad, as it really was THE place to go on Thursday evening.

The Thursday Pebble cars display in Carmel on Ocean Drive is a good event. CROWDED, but good. Parking is a bitch so be prepared to walk several blocks. Arriving at 10 or so, getting breakfast at one of numerous Carmel offerings is a good approach.

You should also know about our PCNC Friday night dinner at “our” lodge in Carmel Valley. Rooms are filled, but dinner is open to all, as well as our hospitality suite at the lodge being open every evening after the day’s events.

The lodge PCNC  folks usually do dinners in groups on Wed, Thurs and Sat. Sometimes planned, sometimes just head out to a spot.

See attached dinner flyer from our newsletter. Any and all are always welcome.

Larry