[DeTomaso] Exhaust Noise / Ear Protection

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Jan 29 14:05:30 EST 2016

I spend a lot of time on the road.  Between 20 and 30K a year easily.
And being an "audio nut", protecting my hearing well into my older
years has always been a high priority.  I have always worn "Hear-O's"
blue squishy ear plugs while riding motorcycles, attending rock shows
and driving my Pantera.  These actually make the Pantera sound really
cool.  You can definitely still hear it growl. When noise-cancelling,
music-playing headphones came out I started using those since cranking
a stereo over the motor din only invites more ear damage. Never had a
problem with cops, and they have looked at me straight in the eye
while I'm wearing them.  But then, that's cops out on the open
highway.  When I'm on city streets, I take them off. Bose makes a pair
that puts out astounding fidelity, especially if you use high-res file
formats in your player.
 Sent using Hushmail
On January 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM, "Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso"
wrote:Pantera owners have tried insulating the decklids and floors,
changing mufflers, headers and other parts. Sometimes these help,
other times- no improvement. IMHO the only thing that always works for
everyone is not driving under light load at 2200-2800 rpms.