[DeTomaso] Tom Tjaarda on Creativity

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 00:48:08 EST 2016

In a message dated 1/5/16 19 58 46, jeffcobb1 at me.com writes:

> I was amazed and said, "how is that possible because Tom passed away in
> May of 03". Ho looked at me as if I was crazy and that was not true. I was
> sure of what I said and the salesman decided to show me that Tom was alive.
>

>>>Great story!

I had a similar experience back in 2002.   I met a guy at the SAAC
convention and it turns out he was Don Coleman, Ford's man in Modena at the ramp-up
of the Pantera program in 1970.   We got to talking and somehow the name of
Claude Dubois came up.   I presumed that he was dead, but Don pointed and
said, "No, we're here together, he's right over there!"

So I bid Don goodbye and walked right up to Claude, stuck out my hand and
said, "Hi, I'm Mike Drew, you're Claude Dubois, and I thought you were dead!"

He just burst out laughing, and we've been terrific friends ever since! :>)