[DeTomaso] Tom Tjaarda on Creativity

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 12:39:25 EST 2016

I had the rare pleasure to chauffeur Tom around Houston for a day last year
during the Fun Rally and had a few good conversations with him during the
drives around to the days events.  That I had to be concentrating on doing
the driving took away some from being able to have a really in-depth
conversation, but what we did cover was very enlightening, and made me
realize that the unrestrained creative energy folks like Mr. Tjaarda brought
to the craft in the 60's and 70's has been greatly overcome by corporate,
safety, efficiency and environmental requirements, to name a few.

Mike Thomas
Pres., Panteras Northwest
Yellow '74 #6328