[DeTomaso] Tranny Paint Question??

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Dec 13 08:17:45 EST 2016

Interesting.  Anybody care to comment on how much heat powdercoat might
retain in the transmission rather than dissipate if painted or polished?

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Brent Stewart via DeTomaso <

>    .
>    I know, I know - don't paint the tranny.  Well, that horse left the
>    barn.  It was painted when I got it and I want to touch it up.  No, not
>    going to strip and blast, just want too give it a quick touch up.
>    .
>    The one on Craigslist right now had the same thing done
>    ([1]http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/59157228)
>    .
>    Just wondering what paint to use? Seems like the same paint color some
>    have used to touch up Campy wheels? appreciate any info you have...
>    .
>    thanks!
>    brent
>    .
>
> References
>
>    1. http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/59157228

> the links above.

> the archiving of list messages.

-------------- next part --------------
   Interesting.A  Anybody care to comment on how much heat powdercoat

   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Brent Stewart via DeTomaso

     A  A .
     A  A I know, I know - don't paint the tranny.A  Well, that horse
     left the
     A  A barn.A  It was painted when I got it and I want to touch it
     up.A  No, not
     A  A going to strip and blast, just want too give it a quick touch
     up.
     A  A .
     A  A The one on Craigslist right now had the same thing done
     A  A ([1][5]http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/59157228)
     A  A .
     A  A Just wondering what paint to use? Seems like the same paint
     color some
     A  A have used to touch up Campy wheels? appreciate any info you
     have...
     A  A .
     A  A thanks!
     A  A brent