[DeTomaso] POCA Survey re: Newsletter

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Tue Aug 16 10:32:07 EDT 2016

Please clarify if I misunderstood, but wasn’t the MS printer going to produce a full color Profiles? Even if the costs remained the same, that is a big step up from the current version which appears to be a conventional off-set printed cover (and inside spread) with the remaining pages printed on a digital (laser) machine. Not the best print production values out there.

I hope that the new BOD shares the outcomes of a fair and open bid pro printing and mailing. Even more, I hope that we don’t lose a printed version of Profiles. I am disappointed that the last survey was so brief as to not explore many of the possible scenarios to improve quality while reducing costs. For example:
• 4 printed Profiles mailed and 12 DIGITAL Newsletters emailed.
• 6 combined printed Profiles/newsletters mailed (and available for download via website)

I know that advertising revenues requires work to attract, but find it hard to believe that most of “our” vendors would not prefer to have a printed ad that can last for years on a reference shelf as compared to a transient on-line or digital/PDF advert. Has the BOD explored Profiles ad rates and whether they are appropriate for the highly targeted audience it reaches?

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com