[DeTomaso] Radiator Dilemma

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:18:14 EDT 2016

Jack,

You may want to review the page on cooling that I wrote (um decades??? ago - time flies.)

on the basics of the Pantera cooling system, if you need a refresher.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/Cooling.asp

and if you can add anything to it let me know.

Chuck

Hey all - I need some good advice on radiators. I currently have a Fluidyne performance unit without a shroud. I've been told that a
shroud is a necessity, which I understand. I've had it for about 12 years now - no leaks. The rumblings on The List lean towards a
unit by Dennis Quella(?) - don't know the correct spelling or the company, but the last I had read from someone was just to get his
radiator and "be done with it". I think it was a double-pass (I guess that's good) - and I assume it's shrouded. Another side of me
asks - which is better - copper or aluminum? And Why? I know the copper units are heavier, but I am not concerned about extra
weight. I am familiar with the company  - Brassworks - they have been at it since the early 1900's. Ken and Lela MacArthur had
mentioned Brassworks in July. So - here we go - I know the discussion will generate a fair amount of opinions - which I always
welcome, since it will generate more questions too. Looking forward to hearing from all the experts - i know you are out there.
jack #4348