[DeTomaso] Radiator Dilemma

Jack Donahue demongusta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:11:12 EDT 2016

Dave:
You mentioned you had an “old-school” radiator guy look at the Hall unit - said it was" good quality and akin to heavy duty construction and earth moving equipment radiators” - SO, I guess by looking at “something" - someone was able to determine all that. Cool. After hearing/reading all the discussion here onThe List, I am going with copper/brass. I Don’t care about the extra weight and I like the repairability and reliability. I also would like a shrouded unit - so I was wondering if the Hall unit can be shrouded(?) If it’s single or double pass? I have a call into Brassworks also. They say they can build one for the Pantera - but will it fit? I will be finding out all this as time rolls along, but all considered brass/copper works for me - and apparently a lot others.
Jack #4348

> On Aug 10, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Dave <dave at damardirect.com> wrote:
>
> Jack,
> Several years ago I installed a Hall Brass/Copper unit. Like you I was torn between aluminum and the copper/brass radiators. Weight was not an issue for me. I heard too many stories of non-repairable aluminum radiators. I showed the Hall radiator to an old school radiator shop. They could not get over the quality of the Hall brass/copper radiator. The construction was akin to heavy duty construction and earth moving equipment radiators. My vote is hands down, the Hall radiator.
> IndyDave

   Dave:

   You mentioned you had an aold-schoola radiator guy look at the Hall
   unit - said it was" good quality and akin to heavy duty construction
   and earth moving equipment radiatorsa - SO, I guess by looking at
   asomething" - someone was able to determine all that. Cool. After
   hearing/reading all the discussion here onThe List, I am going with
   copper/brass. I Donat care about the extra weight and I like the
   repairability and reliability. I also would like a shrouded unit - so I
   was wondering if the Hall unit can be shrouded(?) If itas single or

     Dennis Quella @ [4]http://panteraperformance.com/  was recommended
     [5]http://hallpantera.com/
     Please use my [10]bill at incendium.com email address in all messages.
[...]
     etc.) use the links above.
     the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain
     an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.