[DeTomaso] Email Forum Opportunity

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 23:19:12 EDT 2016

Whatever, we are talking about the email list.

Your response only confirms the problem. "At GoDaddy rejecting".

Ed works on the problems all the time to constantly add people back in who
are kicked off.

When the new website debuts, people will quickly, as in instantaneous ly
see the difference in the old and the new.

Given that you have never seen it, know nothing about its security or much
else connected to it, your assessment seems a bit premature.  By all means,
when it comes out, try to hack it, Id personally appreciate it if you can
find a weakness that needs to be addressed.

Nobody has mentioned anything about the existing website, not one word. Not
even the haters on the email list issue have said anything about the
website. Maybe because few of them have used it.

It's unfortunate that my "grandiose posturing" pisses you off, if you were
helping in any way whatsoever - you wouldn't have time to be pissed and you
would know more about it.

I'm too busy,

Aside from
Creating the new website
The new membership brochure
The recruiting drive
Growing the club by 8% in 3 months
Building an entirely new member database with
online billing
Planning an East Coast Rally
Building an online POCA store that works
Conducting open BOD meetings,
Meeting with the chapter Presidents every month
Plus more that isn't public yet

All with the incredible help and support of a BOD that cares about the
future of the club,

I'm just too damned busy to be pissed.

Michael Shortt

-------------- next part --------------
   Whatever, we are talking about the email list.

   Your response only confirms the problem. "At GoDaddy rejecting".

   Ed works on the problems all the time to constantly add people back in
   who are kicked off.

   When the new website debuts, people will quickly, as in instantaneous
   ly see the difference in the old and the new.

   Given that you have never seen it, know nothing about its security or
   much else connected to it, your assessment seems a bit premature.A  By
[...]

   On Apr 19, 2016 10:42 PM, "Asa Jay Laughton" <[1]asajay at asajay.com>
   WTF are you talking about Michael?A  I don't think you have a deep
   understanding of the server or it's security.
   TheA  forum is constantly failing and kicking people off?A  List
   members Infecting the server weekly?A  WTF are you talking about?A  The
   last time that I recall the server got hacked was over three years
   ago.A  Are attempts made?A  Oh you betcha, but so are attempts made to
   just about -any- server on the internet but they don't come through the
   list.
   If a member -is- causing a problem, it needs to be figured out.A  But
   I'll tell you right now the POCA server is NOT the server bouncing
   emails causing mass unsubscribes.A  It's a server down the line at
   GoDaddy rejecting the outgoing traffic for EITHER "spam" or "virus"
   attachments.A  Unfortunately they don't tell us which one, so we assume
   a bad attachment since the "let-through" has been pretty flawless for
   years.A  Someone should troubleshoot that.
   Magnet for spam and robots?A  Yes, any website out there, especially
   ones hosting forums are targets.A  The new POCA forum will be a target
   too.A  But let me ask you, when was the last time this email list sent
   you spam?A  When?A
   We turned ON attachments a while ago to help share more stuff.A  Prior
   to turning ON attachments, the forum never, ever, had a problem and it
   is the primary reason Mailman encourages -not- to turn on attachments.
   Now with that said, parsing all incoming mail through something like a
   Barracuda spam and virus firewall server would probably catch those
   virus attachments -before- they got to the POCA server.
   And the search engine bots are crawling it all the time looking for
   updates so they can return meaningful results when searched.
   It keeps three people busy every day?A  Really?A  The busiest I get is
   going to read the emails.A  I've not done any serious troubleshooting
   on the server for months.A  I could probably figure out what's causing
   the problem but thought it would be a good challenge for someone else
   to troubleshoot in order to help them learn.A  But that point is moot
   since you'll be standing up a new forum anyway. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT
   THAT I'VE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF THE SERVER FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG AND ALL
   ACCESS PASSWORDS HAVE BEEN CHANGED.A  I couldn't be helping POCA even
   if I was asked to.A  Working on it daily?A  Hardly.
   And finally, you're making the new service sound like Fort Knox.A  I
   seriously doubt that; I've seen that story before.A  Better security
   than now?A  Most likely and I'm sure it's something to look forward to,
   but you're trying to make if sound nuclear-proof.
   I've become sick of your grandiose posturing making it sound like the
   present web site is constantly being hacked and providing nothing but a
   security problem to the members and that it's taking constant work to
   keep it from causing harm, or that this email forum is antiquated and a
   dying dinosaur.A  It must be, otherwise why would there still be
   thousands of Mailman email lists still out there and the software still
   updated?
   ...or that the only way to get new members is to restrict most content
   to locked away member only access areas.A  Good luck with that but I
   guess it's the new paradigm.
   Oh, and Corey was banned from the PI forum (did you miss that part),
   not this one.A A  Because the PI forum is moderated and sometimes the
   forum moderator manages to get pissed off at subscribers.
   I was on-board with the move to a new web site and even on board to
   POCA paying a reasonable amount to have it managed.A  But now your
   verbal posturing is just pissing me off.
   For those interested, I could probably stand up a replacement site with
   Mailman (brand new) in less than 24 hours.
   AsaA  Jay
   Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

     <[1][3]coreyjprice at gmail.com>
     A A  1. mailto:[4]coreyjprice at gmail.com
     etc.) use
     the links above.
     A A  Nobody has been banned from the forum.
     A A  The forum is constantly failing and kicking people out, it is a
     magnet
     A A  for spam and robots.
     A A  It also spreads viruses faster than $10 hooker, because there
     are
     A A  several of you that use it that do not have proper software and
     you
     A A  guys infect the server and everybody else weekly.
     A A  It literally keeps three people (Gerry Womack, Asa Jay and Ed
     Mendez)
     A A  busy every day to keep it operational, we all owe them a huge
     debt for
     A A  their service.
     A A  The new website is pretty hack proof, has awesome security and
     best of
     A A  all, a 24 hour tech support line.
     A A  It will be a problem for somebody else now.
     A A  We hope you visit the new forum.
     A A  Michael
     A A  AA  A On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Corey Price
     A A  <[1][1][7]coreyjprice at gmail.com>
     A A  AA  A wrote:
     A A  AA  A Since I hadA my membership privileges removed from the PI
     forum
     A A  AA  A ???
     A A  AA  A Jeff
     A A  References
     A A  AA  A 1. mailto:[2][8]coreyjprice at gmail.com
     A A  Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
     A A  Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A A  DeTomaso mailing list
     A A  [3][9]DeTomaso at poca.com
     A A  To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A A  use the links above.