[DeTomaso] BOUNCES - NOT YOUR FAULT - CALM DOWN and DON'T PANIC

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Apr 16 14:09:48 EDT 2016

Yep!  I have trapped it.  I can tell you for sure what it is and where it came from.  More later…

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
InSight Sequence Team Lead
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>
🇺🇸

From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at poca.com<mailto:detomaso-bounces at poca.com>> on behalf of Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com<mailto:asajay at asajay.com>>
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:50 AM
To: "detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>" <detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>>
Subject: [DeTomaso] BOUNCES - NOT YOUR FAULT - CALM DOWN and DON'T PANIC

All,
Yes it's happened -again-.  Pretty much EVERYONE has been bounced from
the list.  It's not you're fault... well, it may be the fault of just
-one- person on this email list but I can't say for sure.

I've tried to do some evaluation and it appear that one person on this
list may be inadvertently sending a virus in an email response to the
list.  The list software replicates the virus to each recipient (that's
all of YOU people) and then sends it out via the GoDaddy mail relay
servers.

The GoDaddy outgoing email relay servers recognize the virus content and
bounce the message back to the Mailman software on the POCA server.
When Mailman gets too many bounces, it cuts you off even if it had
nothing to do with YOU personally, or you email client, or your incoming
email server.

Honestly this may take a bigger expert than me, and of course most of
you will never see this email unless you look for it in the archives.

I have tried to figure out who originated the bad email and have
contacted them directly to send -me- a copy of the email they sent the
list.  If I don't find anything in that, then we are back to square
one... why does the GoDaddy email relay keep doing this bounce thing
once every couple of weeks?

This will probably all go away once Michael get's the new POCA server up.
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
******************************
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com

Check out what is lurking in the back of this photo taken at a vintage race at Vallelunga outside Rome last weekend....

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Vallelunga-Classic-30.jpg

   [1]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov

   [6]http://w7tsc.org
   [7]http://www.teampanteraracing.com
   Check out what is lurking in the back of this photo taken at a vintage
   race at Vallelunga outside Rome last weekend....

   [8]http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Vallelunga-Cl
   assic-30.jpg

   use the links above.