[DeTomaso] BOUNCES - NOT YOUR FAULT - CALM DOWN and DON'T PANIC

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Apr 16 13:50:44 EDT 2016

All,
Yes it's happened -again-.  Pretty much EVERYONE has been bounced from
the list.  It's not you're fault... well, it may be the fault of just
-one- person on this email list but I can't say for sure.

I've tried to do some evaluation and it appear that one person on this
list may be inadvertently sending a virus in an email response to the
list.  The list software replicates the virus to each recipient (that's
all of YOU people) and then sends it out via the GoDaddy mail relay
servers.

The GoDaddy outgoing email relay servers recognize the virus content and
bounce the message back to the Mailman software on the POCA server.
When Mailman gets too many bounces, it cuts you off even if it had
nothing to do with YOU personally, or you email client, or your incoming
email server.

Honestly this may take a bigger expert than me, and of course most of
you will never see this email unless you look for it in the archives.

I have tried to figure out who originated the bad email and have
contacted them directly to send -me- a copy of the email they sent the
list.  If I don't find anything in that, then we are back to square
one... why does the GoDaddy email relay keep doing this bounce thing
once every couple of weeks?

This will probably all go away once Michael get's the new POCA server up.
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com