[DeTomaso] A/C replacement

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Wed Apr 13 13:04:43 EDT 2016

Just went through ours a year ago.  The car came with an upgraded rotary compressor - but it was not quite settled into the mounting bracket - pulleys didn't align - so a little filing on the compressor and all was good.  I flushed the entire system, including expansion valve and removed screen and cleaned.  Lot of brown came out.  Replaced condenser with one from Pantera Performance - almost fit, little cutting, then a little tig work to fix the new hole in a tube.  OOPS.  New drier, recharged with R12, and works well enough that kept car cool at 100F and cruising 75.  But, now, with awareness that reversing fan direction on condenser will significantly improve performance, looking forward to summer!

I have original hoses but did have to use conversion pieces to fit a new drier.  Only other hitches was the a/c temperature control was way out of range - so recalibrated it, and changed the wiring so the condenser fan is not on all the time the a/c is on - set it up so the condenser fan only comes on when the compressor is engaged.

Hope this helps.

Call if you have questions.

Stephen Nelson
360-210-7295