[DeTomaso] Dressing up an aluminum block and heads

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Thu Apr 7 22:57:56 EDT 2016

Hi Rob,

We typically need to prep with a bonding adhesive before clear-coating aluminum in our sign shop. We use this:

http://www.matthewspaint.com/Products/Primers/Matthews-Paint/Spray-Bond-Adhesive-274-793SP.aspx

I don’t know of a clear top-coat that would stick really well without that. Many will eventually yellow, and I imagine the heat from an engine might accelerate the yellowing of a clear. My ZF was painted silver 10 years ago and looks great still.

Good luck!

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com