[DeTomaso] Dressing up an aluminum block and heads

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 21:40:34 EDT 2016

Rob:

Many many years ago I had the pleasure of rebuilding the engine out of a Ferrari Daytona.

One of the things I learned was that much to my surprise, the beautiful Ferrari castings were painted. First coat seemed to be Zinc Chromate (green), followed by silver/aluminum and a clear top coat.

I suspect this is similar to the process used on the OEM Pantera magnesium wheels.

You have to be careful with the clear top coats, some will yellow with age.

FYI

Jeff/2467

Has anybody painted an aluminum block with clear engine paint?

How did it come out and look over time?