[DeTomaso] Alternate Possibilities to De Tomaso

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Sep 23 13:22:37 EDT 2015

Thanks again, Chuck.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:01 PM, The DeTomaso Registry Guy <
detomasoregistry at gmail.com> wrote:

>    OK, so from the replies, I guess not everyone knows about the
>    "Pre-Pantera", or as Tom referred to it,
>
>    "...the missing link that laid the foundation for the Pantera design."
>

>    I am updating my cover page with Tom Tjaarda's story now.
>

>    Chuck
>

>    Beyond what might `be' if De Tomaso produced an alternative to the
>    Pantera... like the Boomerang
>

>    What might have happened if some other car maker was pitched the
>    Pantera concept first?
>

>    Say a Japanese car maker came to Ghia in 1968 and commissioned a
>    mid-engined car,
>

>    and that deTomaso tapped Tom Tjaarda to design this car, and he did ...
>

>    ( Imagine obvious Pantera features and styling.  )
>

>    Then Ghia built it, and it was delivered to Japan.
>

>    Sound far-fetched?
>

>    Or do you already know about the Pre-Pantera ?
>

>    Chuck
>

>    The De Tomaso Registry Guy
>
>    [1]http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp
>
> References
>
>    1. http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp

> the links above.

-------------- next part --------------
   Thanks again, Chuck.

   Rob DuMoulin
   904.476.8744
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:01 PM, The DeTomaso Registry Guy
   <[4]detomasoregistry at gmail.com> wrote:

     A  A OK, so from the replies, I guess not everyone knows about the
     A  A "Pre-Pantera", or as Tom referred to it,
     A  A "...the missing link that laid the foundation for the Pantera
     design."
     A  A I am updating my cover page with Tom Tjaarda's story now.
     A  A Chuck
     A  A Beyond what might `be' if De Tomaso produced an alternative to
     the
     A  A Pantera... like the Boomerang
     A  A What might have happened if some other car maker was pitched
     the
     A  A Pantera concept first?
     A  A Say a Japanese car maker came to Ghia in 1968 and commissioned
     A  A mid-engined car,
     A  A and that deTomaso tapped Tom Tjaarda to design this car, and he
     did ...
     A  A ( Imagine obvious Pantera features and styling.A  )
     A  A Then Ghia built it, and it was delivered to Japan.
     A  A Sound far-fetched?
     A  A Or do you already know about the Pre-Pantera ?
     A  A Chuck
     A  A The De Tomaso Registry Guy
     A [1][5]http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp