[DeTomaso] PNW Pantera Tour - another shot

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Sun Sep 20 13:39:58 EDT 2015

Right – never heard of it before – the Mt. Rainier Railroad Dining Company - http://www.rrdiner.com/restraunt.html .  Kelly and I will definitely be back to the Paradise Inn and will be sure to visit this restaurant.  THANK YOU Michael!

Kels and I decided to spend the night at the Paradise Inn and meet the rest of the PNW crew the next morning (rather that driving up with them from Tacoma that morning).  The best part of the Paradise Inn is not the parking situation – they just don’t have much for an Inn this size. In fact, when we checked in we would have been parking about 600 feet from the hotel, in a lower parking lot.  We talked to the manager, who had already spotted our car out front and he let us park behind the hotel, in the employee lot – which was pretty much empty and visible from the dining room.  Too nice.  He also said it would be no problem to park all the cars the next day in front of the hotel.  Hence the first photo.

Funny thing was, in the Tri-cities area we stayed at a winery/B&B instead of the Best Western where the group stayed (this was Kels birthday weekend so we needed to spoil her a bit).  The owner of the B&B saw our car and promptly moved his Harley so we could park our Pantera in his garage!  He ended up parking his Harley down near the wine-making buildings – outside – for the two nights we stayed.

Another picture – of Kels next to 5332 and the Columbia river with Mt Hood in the background.

Stephen Nelson