[DeTomaso] thick metal spray on Fontana block?? Help?

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Sep 11 18:07:05 EDT 2015

Dear Ed,

          This might be pertinent.  I had an aluminum intake manifold coated with aluminized ceramic just like header coating.  I wanted the coating off to modify and polish the manifold.  I found out that the company that puts it on can take it off even though it is supposed to be bonded to the metal to the tune of 10,000 psi (IIRC).   I asked them how they do it and apparently a 400 degree or so oven is the key step.  I turned it over to them and got a perfectly serviceable aluminum intake manifold back.

          Perhaps, there is a Jet Hot facility in your area and they could advise you?  I am pretty sure that they have a tech line.

                    Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles