[DeTomaso] thick metal spray on Fontana block?? Help?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 17:33:18 EDT 2015

I had a set of A3 high port heads like that.  Iron filings in some sort of
a epoxy base to fool the magnet.  I used wire brush wheels on a high speed
hand held die grinder.  Took some experimenting with the wire material and
coarseness but I was able to get it all off.  I used some special pinky
diameter brushes to get into tight spots.  The surface was somewhat
smoother than "as cast" when I was finished.  I then scrubbed the surface
with red Scotchbrite 3M pads soaked in PPG DX-533 (a phosphoric acid based
aluminum cleaner and pre-paint conditioner).  Hose it off with water and
blow dry or it will water spot.

Good Luck,
Dan Jones