[DeTomaso] Windsor or Cleveland question..

JF pantera at vtc.net
Thu Sep 3 09:58:20 EDT 2015

If you don't mind spending the money, there are either 9.2 or 9.5 deck
aluminum Fontana blocks out there if you look for them. The Fontana has
the best features of the Windsor and the Cleveland. I built my 9.2 deck
Fontana with aluminum CHI 3V heads and as luck would have it, CHI also
made a 9.2 deck tall single plane air gap manifold. The remote
thermostat housing that was used is really easy to find and other than a
special alternator/ac bracket, the installation in a Pantera is simple.
I wanted to use the new Buttermore aluminum Cleveland block, but after
waiting for many years for the project to actually get started, I gave
up and went with the Fontana.