[DeTomaso] Which engine?

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 15:39:24 EDT 2015

Tom,

Short answer:  no!

For sure you car came with some variety of open chamber heads. Only the 1971 cars (and by that I also include those early '72 cars built to 1971 spec with flat decklids, flat bumpers etc) had high-compression engines.

By 1973 those were long gone. Even the Euro cars got the low compression engines.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone