[DeTomaso] Engine rear block plate

John McKee johnmckee at cox.net
Tue Oct 20 01:08:54 EDT 2015

Interesting, it looks compressed like it would help seal out (or in) the dust and dirt to that area. Maybe even dampen some potential vibration in the plate.
My car only has about 27,000 kilometers on it so very possible this is original. It must be a Pantera only item as it does not show up anywhere on the internet that I can find.

And if there is a POCA "MacGyver Award" I vote for Asa Jay. This is at least the second time I have heard him state the use of common weather stripping material as a seal on his engine..... ;o)

John