[DeTomaso] Radiator installation

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 10:04:57 EDT 2015

Hi all

I'm installing my new radiator. Pretty straightforward, but I have to wonder
if I've lost a spacer or something. Is this normal?

In the photo, we are looking at the drivers side of the radiator. There is a
significant gap between the bracket on the radiator and the mounting bracket
on the car. The radiator is properly centered - the two tabs on the  bottom
of the radiator are in their respective holes, and I couldn't shift the
radiator over if I wanted to because it would interfere with the headlight
switch. I think everything is located properly, but it looks strange to have
the gap between the radiator and the mounting bracket. I don't see any extra
parts on the garage floor - is this normal or should I keep looking for a
lost part?

While on the subject, any advice regarding how tight the hose clamps should
be? The new hoses are silicone. I seem to remember something about not to
tighten them too much as they can cut through the hose? Just snug enough so
that the hose won't come off, or does it really need to seal the hose
against the radiator tube to keep from weeping?

Thanks all!