[DeTomaso] Tire size needed 285/40r15

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:12:57 EST 2015

The Swedish De Tomaso club had access to the Yokohama's, which were being produced in small batches, but I have no idea when the most recent batch was made.

Contact KJell Jansson at Kjell.Jansson at detomaso.se

A quick search revealed Tyre Leader in the UK with current stock showing on the Yoko's, but a price tag of GBP678 ea. (~US$1,030). If that is too rich then you might consider the Michelin TB5 ( suffixed by F soft or R hard compound) which a number of wide body owners are using currently, the plus being availability of both front and rear sizes to provide a fully matched set. These are typically designated in English sizes the 26/61-15 corresponding to 285/40-15 and the 29/61-15 being a 335/35-15. These tires are road legal and W rated, but do not carry a full width tread, being semi slick. The full width tread intermediate TB15 is not available in all the same widths as the TB5 for some reason.

Longstone Tyres in the UK always seems to have the best deal on the TB's with free shipping to the US.

Julian