[DeTomaso] The DeTomaso Email List

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Nov 2 20:23:24 EST 2015

I wrote that section of the by-laws when I was POCA President.  I gave
it to the succeeding leadership and they did not act upon it or for that
matter, any of the other by-law updates.

So as that history is not rewritten and since I was responsible for
POCA's hosting of the Forum, it was not required by Andy Poling, the
previous administrator of the Forum, that POCA maintain the Forum as
open to all.  He recognized the need for the Forum to be administered by
an organization that would maintain it long term beyond the passions of
a single person. I had known Andy for a while and he trusted me to see
that it was looked after and financially supported.

Jeff Dietrich, who I consulted with on the acquisition, and I thought it
best to keep open to the public for multiple reasons and I sought to
ensure it remained that way through the by-laws addition that I authored.

JT