[DeTomaso] Tires for 7" Campys

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Nov 2 13:07:50 EST 2015

When I did my search at TireRack, the 255 50 did not show any tires
available.  Not saying that they do not exist, but TireRack did not list
them on their site. Joseph is correct in the diameter though.  They are
just right for the front in height.

The 265 50 from Hankook did not list the rim size but they are surely wider
than the 255s.  I liked the tread profile on the 235 55 Hoosier Radial Wets
but would think they might be a handful once they wear down a bit.

Rob

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. <byrdjf at embarqmail.com>
wrote:

> Just doing a little math,
> the thread width of 255 would be 255/25.4 = 10"  (25.4mm per inch)
> the diameter would be the thread width X aspect X 2 + rim = 10 X 0.50 X 2
> +15 = 25"
>
> Thus the 10" tread on a 7" rim would be too much, but the 25" is close to
> the original 25.2"
>
> my notes imply a 215 on the front might rub
>
> Joe in NC

-------------- next part --------------
   When I did my search at TireRack, the 255 50 did not show any tires
   available.A  Not saying that they do not exist, but TireRack did not
   list them on their site. Joseph is correct in the diameter though.A
   They are just right for the front in height.
   The 265 50 from Hankook did not list the rim size but they are surely
   wider than the 255s.A  I liked the tread profile on the 235 55 Hoosier
   Radial Wets but would think they might be a handful once they wear down
   a bit.
   RobA
   On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Joseph F. Byrd, Jr.
     the thread width of 255 would be 255/25.4 = 10"A  (25.4mm per inch)