[DeTomaso] 1974 L Model Wipers

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Thu May 21 16:00:05 EDT 2015

 I have a '74 I have removed my wiper arms. (on and off a number of times)  But I have left them off for a number of years.  I leave the wipers in the front boot just in case I need them. As I recall, the wiper arms are simply pressed onto the wiper post splines. To remove:1) Raise the wiper arms2) Take a small blade screwdriver and work around the spine while lifting the wiper blade cap (the cap that goes over the wiper post and is part of the wiper arm assembly). I used a slight twisting motion to the screwdriver to slowly lift the wiper cap of the wiper arm assembly.   DO NOT put the screwdriver under the spline - You will not remove the wiper arm and you will damage your wiper post spline.  I learned this the hard way. HTH B. Goyaniuk