[DeTomaso] Engine compartment finish

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 13:21:02 EDT 2015

Just WOW.

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

   Just WOW.
   Michael Shortt

   On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Jerry Knotts <[1]knottsj at galstar.com>
   wrote:

     I thought he meant "Chets nuts" like in the song, but back to the
     subject:
     The attached picture is when my GT5 came out of the paint shop.
     The painter left the undercoat in the trunk bay but reshaped the
     inner fenders by sanding and a light coat of fiberglass.A  The bay
     is painted in the equivalent of Rustoleum #7777 - Semi gloss
     black.A  The car is painted dark metalic blue and he polished the
     underside of the hood like a mirror.A  As you walk up to the car you
     can see the engine bay in reflection from the underside of the hood
     (couldn't find that picture).

     Don't you mean, "smells like roasting chestnuts on an open fire" ?
     That reminds me of a funny story the west coast guys might find
     bizarre:
     Here in NJ, in the fall, I kick up acorns into the engine bay from
     the road.
     Some land atop the intake manifold.A  Some settle in between the