[DeTomaso] Engine compartment finish

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue Mar 24 13:08:49 EDT 2015

I thought he meant "Chets nuts" like in the song, but back to the subject:

The attached picture is when my GT5 came out of the paint shop.
The painter left the undercoat in the trunk bay but reshaped the inner
fenders by sanding and a light coat of fiberglass.  The bay is painted
in the equivalent of Rustoleum #7777 - Semi gloss black.  The car is
painted dark metalic blue and he polished the underside of the hood like
a mirror.  As you walk up to the car you can see the engine bay in
reflection from the underside of the hood (couldn't find that picture).