[DeTomaso] Recommended Ride heights..

Bitner William wjbitner at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 16:11:58 EDT 2015

Hi!
The email came that says I'll can run on the track come May of this
year with the POCA fun ralley!   Yikes!!  That means the car must be ready
and in good shape.   (I still have the 15" oem wheels but will be
moving to 17" (thanks Chance))..  I need to set the ride
height correctly for the track.  I have it set quite low
for the street, and it works with an occasional scrape (going
too fast over major elevation changes).  What is quite low?
I measure 5.5" inches at the front Drivers from the bottom of the rocker panel
spot weld seam to the ground and 6" Drivers at the back from the bottom of rocker panel spot weld seam to
the ground.  I measure 6" inches at the front Passenger from the bottom of the rocker panel
spot weld seam to the ground and 7" Passenger at the back from the bottom of the rocker panel spot weld seam to
the ground.  This is with a full tank of gas.
For those of you who have run on the track, how
much clearance do you have running the standard size diameter tires?
I have Dennis Quella's Koni' shock/spring combination on the
car, so adjusting the ride height is not too big of a deal, although
it may require another alignment..

Thanks!

Bill Bitner
#5171.