[DeTomaso] Wilwood, Brembo brakes

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:56:42 EDT 2015

Mike,

Please read my email again. You edited out where I clearly said:

**1921, the race car, is actually running the Wilwood 6 piston Grand
National calipers.
**These do NOT fit all 15” wheels (Campagnolo, for example), but they too
will fit the Gottis and Bassetts.

Sure, the Grand National calipers won't fit Campies. I said that.

Making the blatant statement that you cannot have 6 piston calipers with
15" wheels is just wrong.
Lots of people do it....

Now you add caveats after the fact.
:-)

Oh, mine are old.
Oh, I'm not using Campagnolos.

That's enough to make me go home tonight and take a front wheel off and try
a Campy on 1661.
I'll do that when I go out to put my new aluminum hubs and hats on 1921
with my Wilwood 6 piston Grand National calipers.
All with 15" wheels and Avon slicks.
:-)

The vintage 1985 'old' 4 piston Wilwoods I have on the rear of 1661 (and
used to have on the front) were ground off on the
corners by none other than Quella (probably Kip) to fit the 8 and 10"
Campies I used to have.
When I replaced the front 4 piston calieprs with the 6 piston model, it was
a direct bolt on replacement.

The newer 4 piston AND the small 6 piston Wilwoods have the corners already
beveled off and they still fit.
I will take pictures to prove it, should you so desire.

I will confirm the model I have when I get home tonight. I'm pretty sure
that Wilwood still makes them.
if not, I will stand corrected on that point, but I still stick to the
statement that you CAN run 15" wheels and 6 piston calipers.

Sticking to the facts in Magnolia,
Kirby

-------------- next part --------------
   Mike,
   Please read my email again. You edited out where I clearly said:
   **1921, the race car, is actually running the Wilwood 6 piston Grand
   National calipers.
   **These do NOT fit all 15a wheels (Campagnolo, for example), but they
   too will fit the Gottis and Bassetts.
   Sure, the Grand National calipers won't fit Campies. I said that.
   Making the blatant statement that you cannot have 6 piston calipers
   with 15" wheels is just wrong.
   Lots of people do it....
   Now you add caveats after the fact.
   :-)
   Oh, mine are old.
   Oh, I'm not using Campagnolos.
   That's enough to make me go home tonight and take a front wheel off and
   try a Campy on 1661.
   I'll do that when I go out to put my new aluminum hubs and hats on 1921
   with my Wilwood 6 piston Grand National calipers.A
   All with 15" wheels and Avon slicks.
   :-)
   The vintage 1985 'old' 4 piston Wilwoods I have on the rear of 1661
   (and used to have on the front) were ground off on theA