[DeTomaso] Radiators

rcbsons1 at aol.com rcbsons1 at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 17:01:40 EDT 2015

Funny I just tested my new Radiator in my Firebird the other day
My trusty old 4 row brass radiator has been rotted I think
too many times and has gone thru 9 motors.. this last one 3 times
I had it rotted just before putting the 750 hp motor back in and it
just was not right... creeped and ran 210-220  in traffic and even
higher if I pushed it on the freeway.. thought my elect pump
my be the issue

Installed a new Alum Griffin 2 row 1 1/4" tube radiator with a pair of
16" sucker... car on an 80 degree day runs 170 down the freeway-(no fans)
at 85 mph and in stop and go traffic it has not been above 180
Worried it may be too cold in the winter.. I guess just cycle the pump

Pantera has had a Fluidyne for over 12 years now.. sees maybe 205
when I push it hard on the race track.. normally 180-190...I read
where cars that twist a little may not be good for this Alum but
so far so good as I do twist her up just a little

My buddy Rich put a Fluidyne in his car for weight savings
and it ran hotter. but it was a newer model..went back to his
old Brass setup..

So one new one is a lot better and another new one not so much?

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera
Doing a clutch now after 10 years of beating on it
It ran for 200 miles plus after Texas but now its a chattering