[DeTomaso] Rear accessory engine bay brace

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Mon Jun 22 10:58:29 EDT 2015

Here is my .02c

The back of the car is built like a cardboard box without a lid. Everyone
knows this. This is elementary when you just look at the car. The front
has a lot more triangulated structure and I personally do not believe the
front brace is needed.

When I built my ladder bar I tied it into the roll bar. Truth when the
interior is finished the roll bar may not go in for a while...it won't be
needed right away and is easier to get in and out.

However the rear roll bar tubes are tied into the wheel well as well as
the roof supports.

These 2 pages show the process:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/ladder/lad.htm
http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/rollbar/roll.htm

Notice how their is a re-enforcement plate welded in to tie everything
together. The main cross brace was also re-enforced with extra metal:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/rollbar/roll16.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/rollbar/roll21.jpg

The roll bar section bolted onto the roof at the decklid hinge:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/rollbar/roll20.jpg

Ladder bar finished:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/ladder/lad12.jpg

Even if you can't do the welding you could get most of it ready and have
someone else weld it:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/ladder/pad3.jpg
http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/ladder/lad7.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/as3/EngComp1.jpg