[DeTomaso] NPC: 4 post car lifts

Arjun Ghosh-Dastidar arjun.ghoshdastidar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:54:46 EDT 2015

Both locks are equally effective, but air locks have an additional layer of
passive safety built in: mechanical locks require you to flip a lever
before you can lower the lift and the lift can be left unlocked, whereas
air locks require you to constantly hold down the air release while
lowering the lift - the default state is locked all the time.

If you are not a forgetful person and will always remember to put the lock
on when a car is up on the lift, then go mechanical and save the money.

I have kids who do on occasion enter the garage, so I went air lock because
of the passive safety system.

   On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM, [1]bflesland at gmail.com