[DeTomaso] GT40/Pantera

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:05:19 EDT 2015

What we have here is two guys who, very evidently, truly and deeply
love the Pantera:  One guy expresses his love for it by seeing the car
as his own blank canvas, immersing himself in an incredibly difficult
and time-consuming, self-styled project, no doubt spending a ton of
cash on radically modifying and re-shaping it, the other guy expresses
his outrage and disgust for a fellow Pantera owner having fearlessly
and inexplicably taken the car's original body design to the brink of
unrecognizability.   I completely understand where both of them are
coming from.  It's why we are all here:  Unadulterated passion for
this outrageously fun and beautiful machine.
 Sent using Hushmail
On July 17, 2015 at 1:58 PM, "Ed Mendez"  wrote:That is Tony Ortiz
that owns and built that car. He is a good person, and put his heart
and soul into it. Some like it, some don’t, but he does win trophy
and after trophy with that car. I know some people don’t like my
car, but my feelings would be deeply hurt if people said that about my
car on a public forum.

Everyone builds their Pantera to their liking, even the Ring Bros
Pantera was built by someone's dreams of what they like or want.

It's not our place to judge but to be here for each other, and support
each other.

Tony is one of us, a Pantera person.

If you want your Pantera in Profiles, please submit an article and
pictures to Mike Haney at paso750 at gmail.com.

I encourage everyone to do so...

Ed

> On Jul 17, 2015, at 12:22, Mikael  wrote:
>
>   If you guys haven't received your copy of Profiles yet, maybe look
in
>   your dustbin again. The envelope with what you thought was a GT40
>   magazine sent to you by mistake was in fact the Profiles, with the
>   black Pantera with GT40 front and rear etc. that Profiles had the
IMO
>   poor taste to put on the cover and rear and centerfold.
>

>   I of course quickly turned to the build-text, because I wanted to
try
>   to understand WHY? Was there a Pantera with smashed front and rear
and
>   a GT40 parked on railway tracks so only front and rear was saved?
No,
>   the author states "for some crazy reason". Indeed.
>

>   I saw this car at POCA in Arizona a few years ago, where it was
parked
>   in the "look-at-me" spot right in front of the doors, so you had
>   walk around it. After refusing the first couple of times, I did
take
>   the time to look it over. And the craftsmanship was excellent
including
>   mirror like pint. Sometimes when you see "menacingly modified"
(quote
>   from Profiles) cars like this, but well done, you can state "I
don't
>   like it, but I'm impressed with the craftsmanship". Well not here,
not
>   this one. Even though the craftsmanship is good, you do not build
your
>   car to look like another brand. As simple as that.
>

>   I hope the skillful builder gets the GT40 he really wants and
leaves
>   our Panteras alone. And I hope Profiles editor has better judgment
>   going forward. In the same envelope was the Membership Renewal
Notice.
>   Brave! Whether I renew or not depends on the reaction to this
mail. Am
>   I alone here?
>

>   Mikael
etc.) use the links above.