[DeTomaso] NPC Electric Radical - A pass at the drag strip

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:30:26 EDT 2015

Sounds like a hot rod golf cart to me. Some years back I went to the
Moto GP race at Laguna Seca.  There was a kind of "exhibition race"
for electric bikes, not sure if it was formal competition or not. They
were nearly as fast as the GP bikes (unbelievable), but most folks
found the high-pitched whine of the electric motors quite
unspectacular. The announcer said something to the effect of "This is
the future folks, get ready for it."  After the e-bike race, you could
just feel the crowd shrugging "ho-hum".  Some guy behind us said: "The
future is going to suck!"  Everybody within earshot laughed.  He had
said what we all were thinking. Personally, I want my ears to bleed at
a car/motorcycle race.  I want my chest to thump when the shift slams
the wheels into the pavement.  The roar of a top fuel dragster motor
causes a deep emotional reaction in me that I can only describe as a
religious experience. Let electrics become the mainstream motor for
commuting, but...... LONG LIVE THE INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE
 Sent using Hushmail
On July 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM, "Jerry Knotts"  wrote:I seems to be quite
quick but I keep waiting for the shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6_566FxvU

Electric is the wave of the future?  Is it a sign or digital.

Sounds strange,
jerry knotts

use the links above.