[DeTomaso] New Ford GT Twin Turbo V6

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:48:17 EST 2015

What's the deal with the ecoboost, anyway.  Isn't it just another V6?
What makes it "eco"?  I see that the turbo is optional, so in normally
aspirated form is there some other "boost"?

I'm not making fun of the work ecoboost.  I'm trying to understand the
name.

A Pantera with a high pressure turbo on a V6 would be interesting.  I have
often considered doing a 2.3L 4-cylinder turbo.  If you boost it enough,
you can approach 1,000HP.  I would never do that, but I would boost it to
600HP if I could.

--
Will