[DeTomaso] 1974 DeTomaso Pantera GTS | Mecum Auctions

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 15:30:40 EST 2015

 I bought a lot of parts from Mike Staskie when I was restoring my car in the mid 80s.  I remember that I was fighting overheating problems so I decided to buy another temp gauge to see if my gauge was the real problem.   I have a Euro GTS so I asked Mike if he had any Euro gauges.  He said he had a whole set so I bought the temp gauge but he really put the hard sell on me to buy all the gauges because he said they would be hard to sell in the US.

One of the things the brings back memories of buying parts from Mike is that he would hand write a description of each part that was being shipped on an IBM computer punch card, which served as a packing slip.  I still have his punch cards in my stack of receipts.

Mike was a good guy and a great source for used parts.

Tom
5186