[DeTomaso] 1974 DeTomaso Pantera GTS | Mecum Auctions

Mike Scardina a42n8cfo at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 13:11:49 EST 2015

I went and read about this car on the registry. It was interesting that it came from Orland Park, IL. I remember that in the early 80's Mike Staskie lived in that general area and he had a wrecked GTS, that he had bought,  in his garage for years which had the same livery. I used to buy Pantera parts from Mike, but he never would sell any parts from the GTS because he insisted that one day someone would buy it to restore.  The photos on the registry show rear end damage which although significant was nothing compared to the carnage on Mike's GTS.  Mike's car had been rolled over by a truck.  It's not likely that this is the same car, but it also wouldn't surprise me that Mike's old GTS had been later reborn. I think Mike's GTS had less than 100 miles on it at the time. I know Mike's name comes up from time to time on this site, but I don't think anyone ever posted information on what happened to him.  He used to be a constant advertiser of Pantera parts in Hemmings, well before any of us were using the internet.  He had a nice house in the south suburbs of Chicago and every room was just loaded with parts from dismantled Panteras.