[DeTomaso] Pusher Fans with stock fan brackets

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Tue Aug 18 21:58:38 EDT 2015

Dear Rob,

            During the Mid Continent heat storm of the summers of 2011 & 2012, the ambient temperatures here were 100--110 degrees Fahrenheit.

            My Pantera has a 485 HP engine cooled with an old school brass radiator about twenty plus year old with Mariah fans.  In the midst of the hideous heat, I would drive my Pantera. A friend with a Diablo would NOT drive his because it would overheat.  The temp in Oklahoma City traffic, which is less congested than Houston, SanDiego, LA or Vegas, would be about 200 when stopped and idling.  At street and highway speed it was 195.

           As Mike says, if you have the cooling fundamentals under control, then the Mariahs can be quite adequate.  I think the observations that the suckers are better in city traffic at low speeds and the pushers are better at speed are probably correct.

            FWIW.

                         Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles