[DeTomaso] DoT 3 vs. DoT 4 for brakes

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 23:03:35 EDT 2015

AFAIK DOT 4 and 3 differ only in boiling point and the degree to which they absorb water--- 4 being better in all regards. I think there must be some old cars out there that must have 3, but the only reason could be that the seals would leak with 4. I have never used 3 and have never had seals leak with any of my cars and I can't imagine anyone has produced  seals that are not compatible with 4 for many years.

Maybe if you had a 1953 Ford with the original brake seals?? :)

Jim Oddie