[DeTomaso] SEUSA POCA Chapter formation

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 14:26:55 EDT 2014

In a message dated 10/20/14 16 59 36, michael at michaelshortt.com writes:

> I think that I can deliver a founding charter of 12-15 Pantera Owners to
> form a Southeastern USA POCA Chapter, henceforth known as ( in keeping
> with
> the symbol of hospitality and velocity), the "Speeding Pineapples" (not
> really).
>
> What is the process?
>
> If indeed, one does exists, REALLY, news to everybody!
>
> Please advise,
>
> And clearly they all have to join POCA, so skip the obvious please.
>

>>>Fantastic plan, but you're 20+ years too late.   There is already a
chapter that covers the whole southeast of the USA, appropriately called
"Southeast Panteras"

The POCA website has some contact info:

http://www.poca.com/index.php/club/chapters/south/southeast-panteras

Their website (sepanteras.com) seems to be defunct; it's possible that it
died and a new one has risen and the POCA website hasn't been updated?   Dan
Lewis (president) would be able to tell you.

Contact info is listed in the POCA newsletter, but the e-mail address
listed there is very obviously incorrect.   There is no such thing as
yahoo.comcom. :>)

Presuming his phone is correct, it's (863) 967-7738.   The e-mail I've used
for him in the past is the one shown on the POCA website,
dan.lewis57 at yahoo.com.   If that doesn't work, you could try using the one in the newsletter
as a basis, dan.lewis at yahoo.com

Now, having said all that, although the existing club nominally covers the
whole south, I'd agree that Southeast Panteras has almost exclusively
focused on, and been populated by, members from Florida.   I suspect there is a
larger unserved population north of Florida, and you would be well-positioned
to create a chapter centered in Georgia, if those people are not already
being served by Southeast Panteras.   I'd call Dan and talk with him about it?

If in fact there is enough interest in forming a new chapter, the process
is fairly straightforward and POCA is always eager to help people who want to
do it! :>)