[DeTomaso] NPC - Amp Conversion for power inverter

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Oct 18 14:33:25 EDT 2014

Gurus,

I've got a John Deere 4 cylinder Diesel motor with a 70 amp alternator. The
battery is rated at 950 CCA.

I want to hook up a 1500 Watt continuous power inverter to run at most a
10.5 Amp motor that pulls 1100 Watts.  That means I'll be pulling over 100
Amps.  Assuming I hook the inverter to the battery and run the Diesel
engine when I need the high-power appliance, will I fry my alternator?

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net