[DeTomaso] Roofline or GT5 and GT5S

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 18:57:39 EDT 2014

FWIW, the welding/assembly jigs used at Vignale seem to have been left out of discussions when Ford abandoned the project, although they did take time to destroy the kirkite composite stamping dies.  So if even a few of the dozen or so original assembly jigs were left behind, there's no rational reason for DeTomaso to not continuing using them at Maggiora and other carrozzeria. And if the welding dies were reused, the roof lines should be substantially identical early to late. But this IS Italy... Good question for someone like Kirk Evans who was intimate with the post-Ford Pantera body builds in Italy.
J Deryke