[DeTomaso] Coyote install

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:33:34 EDT 2014

Has an one on the list had personal experience installing a coyote into
their Pantera? I am trying to find out what besides the engine, ecu,
harness, pedal ,motor mounts was involved. Do you need custom made headers?
Is there a readily available bell housing to mate to the ZF, is it
necessary to modify the body to make the engine fit? Any info would be
greatly appreciated. I know Dennis quell has done a few modular engines and
at least on coyote , but I  would like to hear first hand experiences of
owners. Also besides the parts and estimate of the installation cost.  My
Cleveland block is not going to be rebuilt for a number of reasons, I have
not decided to go with a modular engine I am just truing to compare various
options. I am loping at Cleveland blocks, Boss 351 blocks ( the are
available with 9.2" deck height, 2.75" crank journals and have improved
oiling) They are also possible to bore and stroke up to 460 CI. If I don'
get a suitable Cleveland block I was considering A Boss 351 based Clevor or
possibly a coyote. Cost is certainly a factor. Opinions  concerning ford
racing  crate motors (boss 351  B&S to 427 ci 535 hp) or (boss 302  stroked
to 363 ci 500 hp) are welcome as well as the the benefits of a ford racing
built engine with 2year 24K mile warranty vs little or  no warranty from
the local engine builder etc.

Thanks,
Boyd