[DeTomaso] Aluminum Flywheels

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed May 7 09:47:41 EDT 2014

Dear Emiliano,

               I agree with Will.   One Pantera has 485 HP and a Fidanza
aluminum flywheel.   The other Pantera has 385 hp and a stock flywheel.
The stock flywheel is no problem to drive.   The aluminum flywheel is
not finicky.  It does not buck, cough, etc.   In city driving I perceive
that it is a tiny bit different that the stock flywheel.

               The engine that I am currently building will split the
difference. It will use a lightweight steel flywheel that is about
midway between the weight of the stock and Fidanza units.   Perhaps the
best of both: lesser cost than aluminum and lesser weight than stock.

               By the way, the Fidanza has at least 10k miles and no
problems.

                           Warmest regards, Chuck Engles