[DeTomaso] Harmonic balancer

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:41:49 EDT 2014

Yes.

Press fit, doesn't mean it has to be done on a press.

You can use the puller to press the new balancer back on, or you can try
using the balancer bolt.  You want to avoid applying torque before you
have several threads engaged - otherwise, you might damage the threads.

My puller uses the same threads as the balancer bolt, so I normally thread
the long stud into the end of the crank, and then I use a nut to start the
balancer onto the crank.  Once it's on a bit, I remove the stud, and
replace it with the balancer bolt.

--
Will